- Badass Decay: Played straight with The Legion (formerly the largest alliance in CN), but subverted with the NPO, who are still a nastily powerful alliance, even if they mostly keep quiet these days.
- Broken Base: Between people posting their genuine convictions, people posting whatever would be most politically advantageous for their alliance, genuinely stupid people, and people just trolling, nobody can agree on anything on the forums.
- Crazy Awesome: Some of the personalities found in the leadership of alliances have to be seen to be believed.
- In particular, the Prism Protection Front, who has but a single member usually, and is quite comfortable with having up to three(on occasion). The Chairman of this wackiness, Opethian, regularly puts out announcements, propaganda, and even war declarations on the Open World Forum. He's like Emperor Norton, but in pixels.
- Rebel Virginia is also part of this trope, as detailed under Refuge in Audacity.
- Crowning Moment Of Funny: TOLWYN!!!
- Fridge Horror: Soldiers are bought and sold and military costs are so low they could only possibly cover food and upkeep at minimum. It becomes apparent that wars in CN are fought by slave-soldiers.
- And just think about what it means that the population is reduced when infrastructure is destroyed...
- Magnificent Bastard: Ivan Moldavi and Franco, the most well-known of Pacifica's emperors, could come off as this trope.
- Franco is notable in that he started the NPO in NationStates, founded its core ideology, but never immigrated to CN.
- Memetic Mutation: "Get Abandoned—LIKE A BOSS!" and various other gifs and phrases are formed solely within the context of CN, of which "Brilliant political move", "In before close" and "Lines are being drawn" are the most popular.
- Anything involving Rebel Virginia tends to hit meme status quick. Also "o/ HAIL [xxx]!"
- Seasonal Rot: The game is not nearly as active or popular as it was in it's heyday of the Early 2000's and first couple years of The New '10s, and is now considered a dead game due to inactive admins and userbase. Many players have moved on to Politics And War, a similar but more refined game with more active mods
YMMV / Cybernations