- Character Rerailment: Big time for Chucky, after the last two films portrayed him rather comically.
- Growing the Beard: Re-growing it anyway, but this film brought the franchise back on track and established new characters, an interesting plot line that continued in Cult, and providing Character Rerailment for Chucky.
- Jerkass Woobie: Ian. The poor guy's wife is having an affair with Jill and treats him like trash.
- One-Scene Wonder:
- Special Effect Failure: It's very obvious whenever Chucky is about to start speaking, as his "living doll" form's face has a distinctly different shape than the "inanimate doll" form he takes when incognito.
- When he climbs down the stairs after murdering Barb, he's rendered in CGI, and looks utterly terrible.
- In a few birds-eye view shots that place Chucky directly beneath the camera, he's clearly played by an actor in costume, because he lacks the distinctive jerky movements he usually has.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Going by aggregates, it's the best-reviewed installment in the Child's Play series yet, and generally won back fans alienated by the turn to comedy exhibited in the previous two installments.
- Uncanny Valley: Invoked. There's just something off about the way Chucky looks, even before he reveals his true nature, but considering the film is aiming for a Creepy Doll vibe, it's rather appropriate.
- What an Idiot!: Nica rants and raves about a doll being the killer, when she knows how crazy that would sound, rather declaring there's someone else in the house. This is even worse she when continues to openly blame it on a toy once the cops show up and they promptly charge her for the murders. A better defense would have been a psycho broke in and tried to kill everyone, no need to bring up the fact it's Chucky. She makes it all too easy for the police to pin it on her, regardless of the contradictory forensic evidence. Though her mental state may be such that she no longer cared for her own freedom.
- The Woobie: Nica, who has a Big Sister Bully who tries to swindle her of her home out of greed, is born paraplegic due to her mother getting her womb stabbed by Charles Lee Ray right before she was born and is then wrongly accused of murder.
YMMV / Curse of Chucky