- Alas, Poor Scrappy:
- He shows Ben disdain for his idiotic tendencies, but he's practically screaming when he gets impaled and mercy killed by Kenny.
- Cry makes it clear that he doesn't like Emily. And yet, when she's alone with a Wendigo and about to fall into a rock grinder, Cry does his best to save her, and lets out a Big "NO!" when he thinks he's failed. He also refused to shoot her, later on.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Cry's cat who sometimes interrupts him when recording.
- He Really Can Act:
- Cry has a gift for voice acting, demonstrated prominently in his CryReads and Let's Play of Corpse Party or general games with high Story-to-Gameplay Ratio.
- He is now providing the voice of The Wizard in the upcoming game Pop-Up Dungeon.
- This is shown especially well during the dialogue of Folklore. He has given each character a different accent based on their design arguably giving the game a great deal more life.
- Ho Yay: With PewDiePie. He has revealed that they think Pewdie-Cry fanfictions are totally cool, and they don't mind them at all. They even read one together. Cry also claims that he is one "bad-ass uke".
- He also supports being paired with Cinnamon Toast Ken, though he plays that humourous and acts more playful and seductive instead of sweet in the fanfic that he reads with him and Pewds.
- Narm: Cry's reactions to Always Sometimes Monsters indicate that he sees the game as this, believing that the game tries too hard to be emotional and deep, with the only thing he actually feels about is accidentally orphaning a bunch of children.
- Nightmare Fuel:
Cry: (coldly) Stop. Breathing.
- Watching Cry break down in SCP-087 can be terrifying, especially when you consider how casual he gets towards horror games right before it.
- Cry Reads, mostly ones centered around Creepypasta. As time goes on, he reads it in a hushed monotone, and eventually leans more towards reading it in the perceived tone of the narrator at the time of writing. As a result, the readings go from dramatic, to chilling, to convincingly terrifying.
- In his Lets' Play of Last of Us, when he is rescuing Ellie from the operating room, he slaughters the surgeons in the room with little to no hesitation, even though he had the option to let them live and when he spots one lying on the floor, injured but still alive, he shoots the guy in the head. Do not mess with Cry.
YMMV / Cryaotic