- Catharsis Factor: Seeing Bakugou face consequences for being a bully and Endeavor reprisal for his abuse of his family left the readers cheering.
- Crack Pairing: Inasa falls head over heels for Shinsou, despite the fact they never met in canon.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: When dealing with blackmail, make powerful friends to blackmail your tormentors right back! It will solve a good chunk of your problems.
- Iron Woobie: Hawks was forced to become a pro-hero to help him and his mother out of poverty. He lost good chuck of his childhood, his every action controlled with his mother being limited to help him despite her efforts. Despite that Hawks is determined to be the best hero he can be.
- Jerkass Woobie: Endeavor is a horrible person who should have never been allowed to have or be near children or get married. But his father was a worse abuser than he was. Endeavor was once a good person who had friends who loved him and wanted to be a good hero. Unfortunately a nasty combination of entitlement, overambition and his father's corruption turned Endeavor into the monster he is. Despite his monstrous nature Endeavor mourns that he lost his only true friends and most of his family despises him. While he is a horrible person and his family is better off without him, he deserves a good therapist to help him and to find his own path to redemption.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Takami parents allowing the Commission to enslave Kiyome and Keigo for a massive bribe but also helping the Commission hide the truth from the Midoriyas.
- Paranoia Fuel: All Might and Hawks agencies are being watched at all times. Meaning everyone who lives or works there is having their privacy invaded. Even though All for One doesnt have malevolent intentions toward Hawks, it's not the case for All Might. What if the rest of the League of Villains get their hands on that surveillance?
- Rooting for the Empire: With Endeavor, Todoroki Ryu, Saito Hana,Uwabami,the Takami parents and the Heroics Commission, many readers are starting to root for All for One to take them down and make it painful. While the readers acknowledge All for Ones own atrocities, the Hero side has so many horrible people that it validates the League of Villains philosophy.
- Spoiled by the Format:
- The presence of the Dabi is Todoroki Touya tag spoils Dabi's true identity and Touya's survival.
- Similar to the above, if you even read the tags you know that All For One is Izuku's father and that Midoriya has a Quirk beyond One For All.
- It's also a Dabi/Hawks fic.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Bakugou is facing consequences for his unpunished bullying of Izuku and the readers are reveling in it.
- What an Idiot!: Stain breaks out of his handcuffs while everyone is distracted by Hawks takedown of the flying Noumu and spontaneous rescue of Izuku. You'd Expect: That Stain would have used the opportunity to escape. Which would have allowed him to continue his crusade and giving him bragging rights of escaping two Top Ten Heroes. Instead: He launches into a speech how all the heroes there except for Hawks and Izuku suck and arent true heroes. Which draws everyones attention back to him, particularly to the fact that he escaped his cuffs. Hawks kneecaps Stain to shut him up for his trouble.
YMMV / Crimson And Emerald