- Heartwarming Moments: You might not think so looking at the premise, but there are some sweetly sentimental moments on this show, often combined with Tearjerker. For example:
- The creation of the Super Wheelchair mentioned on the main page, for a construction worker who lost three limbs and most of a fourth when he was electrocuted on the job.
- The shop building a motorcycle with custom sidecar for a man confined to a wheelchair and his wife, even rigging so either of them could drive it.
- A Cadillac convertible was restored in memory of a late father by his family. Danny took the man's cowboy hat out in the car for a symbolic ride.
- Danny tried to buy a Dodge Charger with some minor cosmetic damage, only to learn that the owner's wife was being treated for breast cancer. Instead, they fixed the car up and added a painted image on the glovebox door honoring her.
- Danny going back on his ultimatum for Horny Mike to fix up his bus in thirty days or having it towed. He instead has the entire shop work on the bus for free for the last three days.
- One client had a wife with a prosthetic leg. Danny and the guys customized the client's motorcycle so that the wife could ride safely without endangering the prosthetic.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Many people who weren't too crazy about Danny when he was just a consultant on Pawn Stars changed their minds when they saw this show and his Hidden Depths.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Ron the Death Eater: Some people find Danny's determination to chase people down to make offers on their cars extremely annoying, including his employees.
- Uncanny Valley: Horny Mike has his head scanned to build a doll, which he mounts on a tricycle. The finished product is pretty disturbing. It even creeps out Danny. Not helping was the Slasher Smile Mike had while he was being scanned.
YMMV / Counting Cars