- Awesome Music: Carter Burwell (writer of soundtracks for films like Fargo, Raising Arizona, and No Country for Old Men) does it again. For your persual, the film's main theme.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Conspiracy theories are a lot more mainstream and causing a lot more problems than they were when the film was created. In the age of Sandy Hook, PizzaGate, QAnon and other supposed conspiracies making headlines for the violent and hurtful acts of their proponents, it's a lot less fun to watch a story about a mentally ill conspiracy theorist being vindicated for his behavior.
- Nausea Fuel: Good luck ever eating oatmeal again.
- Narm Charm: Jerry's escape on the wheelchair after receiving the "brain gravy" is somewhere between intense and completely ridiculous.
- Paranoia Fuel: Many of Jerry's conspiracy theories being right because he was part of a conpiracy himself — Black Helicopters that can't be heard, the government tracking you because you purchased a specific book, brainwashed assassins that are all connected because their conditioning gives them compulsions so they can be pin-pointed.
- So Okay, It's Average: It's not a bad film, but it's more-or-less forgettable.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The "one of my conspiracy theories turned out to be right" angle, played straighter, might have been fun.
YMMV / Conspiracy Theory