- Complacent Gaming Syndrome: Once you unlocked the stage which requires you to survive for 100 seconds, you can level your characters and get gold fairly quickly and easily.
- Critical Dissonance: The game received mixed to positive reviews from critics , but sold surprisingly well in the US. Ironically the game performed so-so in its native home Japan. The producer, Yasuo Nakajima, said he would like to do a sequel on PS4 or Xbox One because of the game's success in the States.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: It sold surprisingly well in the USA for a relatively obscure, animesque hack & slash.
- Good Bad Bugs: There's an exploit in the 3DS version with Solange and her aerial attacks. Spamming one of her attacks in the air while repeatedly pressing forward allows her to combo that attack over and over, to the point where it looks like she's flying.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the Japanese version, Marina Inoue and Jun Fukuyama voiced mortal enemies in Valkyria Chronicles (as Alicia and Maximilian). Here, they are siblings, as Solange and Schwartz. Coincidentally, both games were console-only, but received a PC release much later.
- Polished Port: While it being an obvious emulation of the 3DS (complete with a button to choose which screen to be displayed with what size), the Steam release runs at HD resolutions, and runs at 60 FPS. There's currently no English dub though, but that's relatively minor all things considered.
- That One Boss: Liongate, if you've been spreading your experience points across all four characters rather than Level Grinding a single fighter. Doesn't help that he's a Lightning Bruiser with his own Burst mode, has a poke attack that interrupts your combo starters, and is surrounded by a squad of Mook Lieutenants who have much better AI than the enemies before this point.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: At first, many people thought Ali-Baba◊ was a guy. It didn't help with her bifauxnen features and name. By now, anyone who played the game knows her gender, but somebody unfamiliar with the title might do a double-take to her appearance.
YMMV / Code of Princess