- Base-Breaking Character: Dave. Some think he's the funniest character on the show, while others see him as a sociopathic Creator's Pet who rarely gets karma for his behavior.
- Creator's Pet: Todd, especially in Season 2, where if the episode didn't center on him, then the B-Plot did, except the episodes and plots that center on him are not flattering in the slightest.
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: In-Universe example: In the episode "The Story of 420", First Lady Nancy Reagan forces Game-A-Vision to put warning labels on all of their games stating "Playing this game increases the likelihood that you will engage in drug use and deviant sex". While Larrity objects at first, he's then extremely happy as the labels cause their game sales to skyrocket to the point where Reagan then has to ban them from having the labels on their games.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Black Steve.
- Harsher in Hindsight: One episode had Larrity rejecting Lorne Lanning's pitch as part of a It Will Never Catch On running gag. After the poor sales of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, the Oddworld franchise pretty much fell into obscurity, with its only hope as a franchise being HD remakes of the original games with the help of an indie studio, Just Add Water.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Todd's character. He is overweight, is sexually depraved enough to do things to dolls, was revealed by his brother to have a form of Autism, and the final episode had him attempting (and failing) to pitch a Sonic the Hedgehog Expy. It's like they took Chris-Chan's life and put it on the screen.
- Jerkass Woobie: Despite Todd's big ego, there are times when you can't help but feel sorry for him when Dave picks on him (even when he didn't do anything to provoke him). There's also the heavy implications that his mother psychologically damaged him.
- Take That, Scrappy!: The fact that Todd is the show's Butt-Monkey is enough.
- Tear Jerker: The episode with Todd's brother. Seeing how much he cares about Todd is both this and a Heartwarming Moment. The biggest Tear Jerker moment in the episode is when Todd's brother talks about how twisted their mother has made Todd and tells the Game A Vision staff to be kind to Todd. It's an even bigger Tear Jerker in that you know it will only get worse.
YMMV / Code Monkeys