- Covered Up: Very rare since he usually writes his own non-parody material too, but it has happened:
- "Ricky Tidwell's Mama's Gonna Play Football" was originally recorded by Tim Wilson.
- "Stephon the Alternative Lifestyle Reindeer" was originally recorded by Mac McAnally.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: "If Shania Was Mine" has a line about hoping that Shania Twain will divorce Robert John "Mutt" Lange, which they did in 2010.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Hell No" laments bad country and bad rap almost a decade before the advent of rap-influenced "bro-country" in 2013.
- It's the Same, So It Sucks: One of the main criticisms of the Boogity, Boogity album (at least according to Allmusic) was that most of his takes on Ray Stevens' songs were too close to the originals.
YMMV / Cledus T. Judd