- Broken Base: Splitting an EGA episode into two. Better way to go further into details, or redundantly irritating to make two videos out of one movie? It doesn't help that they made one entire video for the 3 hour ultimate edition of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice but split a movie like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, a movie that is much shorter, into two. Doesn't seem to apply to Avengers: Infinity War, though.
- Catharsis Factor: If you're fed up to the back teeth of snarky film review channels, Lee's channel is a major breath of fresh air, particularly if you're a fan of very divisive films such as the latest Star Wars films or the DC Extended Universe. Hearing genuine praise lavished on them is immensely satisfying.
- Fandom Rivalry: A relativity small one with CinemaSins, fans of Sins will sometimes leave comments on videos saying Lee "ripped off" Sins even though it's an Affectionate Parody of them. Lee even acknowledges this on his channel page. On the flip side fans of Wins will say Wins is better because he puts time and effort into videos fully analyzing films, while Sins just tends to nitpick and have many jokey Sins. Then there's the fans who love them both for what they do.
- Growing the Beard: The earlier videos were fine but focused a bit too much on jokes while later videos focus a lot more on explaining exactly why the movie is so good or defending it. He also started doing movies he wants to do regardless of if they're praised enough or not, along side the unpopular movies he wants to stick up for.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In the Return of the Jedi review, Lee predicts that Luke is responsible for Ben Solo's fall. The video is released two days after The Last Jedi hits theater, which proves him completely right.
- In his Megamind review, during the scene where Megamind and Roxanne are escaping the sliding building, he lambasts the "Prometheus School of Running Away From Things" Running Gag from CinemaSins, arguing that the destruction the sliding building is causing would most likely make going to the sides useless.. When Sins did their video, they made the joke without a hint of acknowledging the Wins video.
- In the Attack of the Clones review, as he apologizes for not realizing that Darth Maul survived The Phantom Menace in canon material (having believed Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels to be non-canon), he states that he hopes Maul will be in The Last Jedi, stating that Ray Park needs the work. While Maul didn't show up in that film, he appeared at the end of Solo, physically portrayed by Ray Park.
- When John Wick arrives at the Italian Continental hotel, Lee makes an Assassin's Creed II joke. John Wick: Chapter 3 Parabellum would end up having enough thematic and more direct references to the franchise, complete with John getting a ring finger cut off to prove his loyalty, that the John Wick films end up being considered a Spiritual Adaptation.
- Sweet Dreams Fuel: Your favorite movies are being defended and praised, what else do you need to sleep well at night?
- Win the Crowd: CinemaSins has a large Broken Base around their style. Their videos are either entertaining and ironically fun, or legitimately infuriating due to being more focused on random stuff they don't like or nitpicking plot points that don't need nitpicking. Lee's videos, on the other hand, study every inch of the movie, from the story, to the performances, to the effects, the themes, the visuals, etc. As a result, plenty prefer CinemaWins over its inspiration due to actually being more in depth about its observations. Others enjoy it because someone is praising something rather than criticizing for once.
YMMV / Cinema Wins