- Awesome Music: The music in A Mockingbird Song and the below-mentioned El Despertar
- Funny Moments: Black Halloween is this of the Dark Comedy variety
- Jerkass Woobie: Genevieve. Sure, being neglected by her parents and not having anything new is one thing but taking over the world crosses a line.
- Rooting for the Empire: In "Cupid's Last Stand", most people root for Stella over Cupid. This was likely intentional on the creator's part, as Stella is one of the most badass characters in the series while Cupid very obviously Tastes Like Diabetes.
- Tear Jerker: Emmeline's entire situation in The Little Girl. She's forgotten by practically everyone (even the postman) and the one time she is acknowledged (outside of Mr. Creazil) is when her parents send the maid to announce that her mother is pregnant. No wonder she went off the edge. Even worse is that she wishes Mr. Creazil and herself out of existence.
- The Mockingbird Song has Shawnee's parents being turned into vampires and, for the longest, they barely seem to recognize her. This is really upsetting in the end where she's mortally injured and her parents linger by her side, before turning her into vampire. Even after that, she still doesn't get to have her parents.
- The whole Death and Elsie saga.
- The Woobie: Oh Emmeline, where do we start with you?
- Shawnee, as well, although she tends more toward Iron Woobie than the traditional version of the trope.
- To an extent, the kid in "Stage Fright."
- Ida. Good God, Ida.
- Ugly Cute: Mr. Creazil. He gets a whole lot uglier during Emmeline's Despair Event Horizon.
- Cupid could also fall under this.
YMMV / Childrin R Skary