- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Bingo Ballance attracted considerable buzz in the promotion's early days through sheer respect for his in-ring work and general likeability. It was no surprise that he ended up becoming the first CCW Heavyweight Champion.
- Omega appeared exclusively as a heel but got babyface reactions, so he had a HeelFace Turn and eventually became CCW All-Star Champion.
- The Fabulous Nicky likewise wrestled as a heel for most other promotions in Ireland, but CCW fans found his Camp Gay antics endearing and he was turned face too.
- Siren only appeared as a ring announcer and backstage interviewer on early shows. When she was chosen as a special guest referee for a Katey Harvey vs Kazza G match, the crowd erupted in chants for her. This led to her stepping into the ring against Katey eventually.
- Debbie Keitel has quite a big social media following and gets great reactions from fans despite being quite new to wrestling.
- Estrogen Brigade: The likes of Ricky Combat, Bingo Ballance, and The Wood Brothers have a strong female following.
- Fanon: Due to DOC's initial character being a Texan, fans have theorised that DOC stands for 'Dallas of Course'.
- Foe Yay:
- A rather considerable amount of it between Xavier Burns and Ricky Combat when they feuded. Particularly due Xavier behaving like a sexual predator towards many of his opponents.
- The feud between Marion Armstrong and Roughshod featured a bit too - with some rather questionable predator and prey comparisons made by the commentators.
- Funny Moments:
"We've a whole zoo here tonight."
- A vignette setting up a Ricky Combat vs Ballymun Bruiser had Ricky getting a phone call in his apartment proposing the stipulation. Ricky agrees, hangs up and then goes "is that a camera in my house?"
- Siren lampshades the Animal Motifs after interviewing both Vic Viper and Lycan.
- At the 2016 Halloween show, Bedlam Billy looks like he's going for a suicide dive onto everyone outside the ring. Instead he throws the puppet William out onto everyone - and they still sell it.
- Xavier Burns attempts a low blow on Kazza G, forgetting about a small anatomical difference between men and women. Kazza gives the crowd an Aside Glance that says "really?"
- Growing the Beard: Around 2015 shows started happening more regularly, allowing storylines and feuds to be more consistent. More international talent started appearing and a regular roster of recognisable faces was established. This coincided with an increase in fan support as well.
- Iron Woobie: Given the sheer amount of sneak attacks, back-stabbings, betrayals and brutal treatment from other members of the roster, it's a shock that Ricky Combat has not yet become a Broken Bird.
- Jerkass Woobie: Despite DOC's FaceHeel Turn, it's hard not to feel a little sorry for him. Betrayed by his tag partner and forced to leave the promotion clearly took its toll - and it's not hard to see his return as part of The Establishment as Stockholm Syndrome.
- Love to Hate: Katey Harvey's Awesome Ego and sheer talent in the ring make her one of the favourite heels.
- Moe: Butch Armstrong is so Adorkable that he inspires this reaction.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Establishment crossed it in their formation - where they attacked the entire roster, including ring announcers and security personnel - all in the name of making a statement.
- Narm Charm: DOC's accent wasn't even remotely believable but there was something endearing about it all the same.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Many of Marion Armstrong's promos can be quite unnerving, since he talks in great detail about exactly what kind of punishment he's going to inflict. Not to mention his sheer desire to knock people out.
- Xavier Burns is known for especially dark and demonic vignettes that are far more alarming than those of a wrestling show should be.
- The Scrappy: Ross Browne, for an angle that went nowhere when he abruptly left wrestling in the middle of his comeback, leaving it a major Aborted Arc.
- Testosterone Brigade: On the flip side, Katey Harvey, Valkyrie, and Kazza G have a significant amount of male fans.
YMMV / Celtic Championship Wrestling