- Alternative Character Interpretation: Rei. The story states that she had killed herself because of the guilt, however, one could say another driving factor was because she afraid of a perceived punishment, especially if Nui's flashback is a clue.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Probably unintentional but Ragyo's treatment of Ryuuko in this fic is eerily similar to what happened in Virginia . Liikewise, so is the aftermath of the case  .
- Jerkass Woobie: The fact that Ragyo was mentally ill casts a slightly more sympathetic light on her actions.
- Tear Jerker: Ragyou making amends with her daughters on her deathbed.
- The Woobie: The sisters themselves, however, the youngest, Ryuuko is an even bigger woobie than either of the former two due to being treated like a dirty secret, locked away in a cellar, made to live in a cage, and had suffered very severe neglect and abuse at the hands of their mother. What makes her situation worse is that some people have treated their children like that with said children not recovering very well from that, either.
YMMV / Cellar Secrets