- Awesome Music:
- "Fuck You!"
- "Crazy" and "Smiley Faces" by Gnarls Barkley.
- Fanon Discontinuity: As far as fans are concerned, there is no version of "Fuck You" called "Forget You."
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In "Fuck You!", Cee Lo sings that "She's an Xbox and I'm more Atari." Nearly five years later, his song made it onto Xbox 360 and Xbox One (albeit in bowdlerised form) in the rhythm game Fantasia: Music Evolved. Guess who's an Xbox (360 or One) now?
- I Am Not Shazam: There are a good number of people who thought "Gnarls Barkley" was his name.
- Misaimed Fandom: A rare positive example. According to a JET magazine interview, CeeLo said the main reason he wrote "Fuck You" was to get forced out of his contract with Atlantic Records, since he felt that the company constrained his sense of creativity. Ironically enough, despite the song primarily designed as a Take That! to Atlantic, the company loved the single and enthusiastically advertised the song afterward, along with the album The Lady Killer. That's not to say Cee Lo wasn't grateful for the odd change of heart.
- Narm Charm: Before "Fuck You" got Bowdlerized as "Forget You," there was a different censored version called "F U." It didn't take as well, but has such a hilariously juvenile charm to it that it's difficult to see why.
- Sequel Displacement: Despite Cee Lo's connections to Goodie Mob, his Gnarls Barkley material, and even his previous solo albums, a surprising number of listeners (mostly older R&B fans) think he's a new artist, and that The Lady Killer was his first album ever, rather than his first full fledged R&B album.
- Signature Song: "Crazy" with Gnarls Barkley, "Fuck You!" solo.
- Tear Jerker: His song with Gnarls Barkley, "Just a Thought".
YMMV / Cee Lo Green