- Awesome Music: It's an opera, so there are many great numbers. But the instrumental Intermezzo stands out in particular.
- Critical Research Failure: Although Cavalleria Rusticana has been called a "verismo" opera, there are times when reality does not ensue. For example, premarital sex alone hardly ever led to excommunication from the Catholic Church, a punishment that was reserved for more serious offenses like heresy.
- Designated Hero: Turiddu is a poor excuse of a man. He's an adulterer, a thoughtless heartbreaker, and a whiner. And a Karma Houdini to boot. So, it's hardly surprising that he's the one who has to die.
- Fair for Its Day: What Santuzza goes through, inaccurate to real life as it is, can be seen as a denunciation on Slut-Shaming.
- First Installment Wins: This is the first opera produced by Mascagni. It's also the only one that most people will actually witness a live performance of.
- One-Hit Wonder: As with Leoncavallo, Mascagni composed other operas, but hardly anyone has ever heard of them.
YMMV / Cavalleria Rusticana