- Harsher in Hindsight: In this OVA, Jinmen is shown to be a father and husband with a family, which is quite funny and adorable at the same time, but decades later in DEVILMAN crybaby, Jinmen, who is portrayed a dead-serious vile threat which is usual unlike this OVA, doesn't has a family nor is a father and husband in this incarnation, but possessed one who happens to be Akira Fudo's dad and kills his mother, leaving Akira no choice in a Tear Jerker moment, but to take him down along with his mother, killing his only biological family shown on-screen. To some viewers, seeing Jinmen with family in this parody OVA may no longer be a laughing or aww matter anymore, considering when one also thinks what he did to Akira's family in the latest adaptation.
- Heartwarming Moments: Just the very fact that in this super-deformed world, there is no angst in this story in contrast to previous Nagai works that the characters debuted in and the Lighter and Softer nature, humor and the characters' appearances are just plain adorable. There is also its end credits song "Pending Now." In contrast to Darker and Edgier Nagai OVAs at the time this one is release, this one can be considered a Breather Episode for fans to take a break from the Nightmare Fuel and Tear Jerker moments shown in most of Nagai's serious works. Even now, viewers could also look it up on the internet or purchased it on DVD to take a break from the angst of the latest Nagai adaptation, the most Darker and Edgier entry, DEVILMAN crybaby.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The anime disparages Mazinger Z and Getter Robo as lame older model machines, surpassed by other, cooler units. Quite a few anime and video games have shown that they may be old, but they are better than you think and have long reaching effects to other media to boot!
- Miki says she already knew Akira is Devilman because she read the manga. One Elephant in the Living Room in Devilman Crybaby is the existence of an in-universe Devilman show, and yet nobody makes the obvious connection.
- Ho Yay: Ryo and Akira; the android assassin and Aphrodite A.
YMMV / CB Chara Go Nagai World