- Accidental Innuendo: Apparently no one working on the film realized that the words "buttercream" and "buttercreamers" could easily interpreted as something perverted.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: If a violent gang of teenagers are running wild in your town, just let them do whatever they want and give them whatever they ask for and they'll eventually mellow out.
- Ho Yay: There's a lot of talk about Scott loving Pete.
- Narm: Tons of it. Here's an example.
- The title makes it sound like it could be a porno
- Tear Jerker: The less narmy stuff Pete does arguably qualifies when you consider that he and Scott used to be best friends. Pete finally rejecting Scott's attempting to repair their friendship is pretty narmy, but the act itself is pretty harsh.
- Unnecessary Makeover: Margaret.
YMMV / Buttercream Gang