- Foe Yay: Cordelia even picks up on it when Giles and Ethan meet in the library.Ethan: Hello Ripper.Giles: I thought I told you to leave town.Ethan: You did. I didn't. Shop's lease is paid 'til the end of the month.Cordelia: *aside to Xander* Why did he call him Ripper?*Giles grabs Ethan by his hair and hauls him to his feet, bringing them almost nose-to-nose*Giles: You should have left when I told you.Cordelia: *with a look of dawning comprehension* Oh...
- Foe Yay Shipping: Apart from the usual Giles/Rayne, Eyghon throws in plenty of Double Entendre while fighting with Giles.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Jenny Calendar is possessed by a demon that jumps between dead or unconscious bodies. Willow realizes vampires, being dead, would attract the demon. Watch "Passion" and then go back and watch Giles fret "he's killing her" while Angel chokes Jenny into unconsciousness.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: At the beginning of the episode Buffy is training away, in gym clothes: a lime tank top and blue gym pants with white shoes. Now take a look at Kim Possible, which in many ways is Buffy with a spy rather than horror theme. Her default 'civilian' outfit is a carbon copy of Buffy's gym clothes.
- Hollywood Homely: Cordelia telling Xander that he needed "a year supply of acne cream". Then again it's Cordelia.
YMMV / Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2E8 "The Dark Age"