- First Installment Wins: How many of you even knew that there was more than 1 book before visiting this page?
- Funny Moments: In Hatchet, while in danger of being attacked by a tornado, Brian just hopes that it hits a moose that he saw earlier.
- Nightmare Fuel / Squick: The scene in Hatchet where Brian swims into the sunken plane to retrieve its cache of emergency gear and sees the plane's dead pilot... after months of rotting in the water with fish tearing at him. He then vomits into the water all around himself. This is another of the novel's Reality Ensues moments - usually such an event is Black Comedy slapstick, but here it results in one of his closer brushes with death, as he's at least a dozen feet underwater at the time and inside the plane. He nearly drowns before he can struggle out and float to the surface.
- Values Dissonance: A tiny one; Brian spends two months in the wilderness and gets rescued in book one. While he obviously gets a medical checkup, there's no mention of therapy for his trauma. It gets even more prominent in the Alternate Continuity, where he attacks a bully for threatening him and decides the best solution is returning to the wilderness.
- What an Idiot!: Probably the response of many readers after Brian kicked that bear, expecting it to walk away sheepishly.
YMMV / Brian's Saga