- Alternative Character Interpretation: There's a lot of speculation about why Victor is so upset about Gale's death, and why exactly he begins making a batch of meth without permission from Gus. Theories range from him having been specifically on Gale's protection detail and terrified of the consequences from Gus for his failure, to him having wanted to become Gale's lab assistant when he took over, to them having had something romantic going on between them.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Victor's death becomes even more disturbing after Better Call Saul reveals that not only is he not the first person to be killed in the superlab by Gus, but that his gruesome death and dissolution of his body is happening right over the bodies of Lalo Salamanca and Howard Hamlin.
- Moral Event Horizon: Gus' murder of Victor.
- Memetic Mutation: "Jesse, what the fuck are you talking about?" (Which Walt never actually says)
- Signature Scene: Gus slitting Victor's throat open with the titular box cutter is one of the most memorable and most disturbing scenes in the entire series, due to how sudden, violent, and uncomfortably long it is.
- Squick: Walt cleans the barrel containing Victor's remains, currently melting in acid. Walt stops cleaning for a moment when he notices the murky outline of Victor's head detaching itself from his body, and sinking to the bottom of the barrel. Yuck.
YMMV / Breaking Bad S 4 E 1 Box Cutter