- Foe Yay: Between Lorna and Marco. It quickly develops into UST.
- Hollywood Homely: Despite her disfigurement, Vera still looks quite beautiful.
- Jerkass Woobie: Eugene Corbett.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Betty is one half of the most popular fan pairing, Betty/Kate (known as McAndrews), but fans also ship her with Gladys (McWitham), Teresa the bond tour soldier (McBond) and Reggie.
- Les Yay:
- Canonically established between Betty and Sergeant Teresa Hill.
- Betty and Kate. There's also a good deal of subtext between Kate and Gladys.
- There's some subtext between Betty and Gladys as well.
- Strengthened by the fact that Gladys knows Betty is gay and doesn't care one bit, as opposed to Kate.
- Moral Event Horizon: Lorna experiences one of these after her husband comes to watch her give a speech. She then stops her affair with Marco.
- Her setting up Gladys to get fired in episode 6.
- Nightmare Fuel: Vera's accident in the pilot.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Used primarily where Betty is one half of the ship: McAndrews (Betty/Kate), McBond (Betty/Teresa), and McWitham (Betty/Gladys).
- The Woobie: Edith. Within the first two episodes, she lost her husband in the war and lost her job because she was so upset. She was unable to tell her children what had happened to their father, fearing what their reaction would be and worried about how she would feed her children.
- Kate, who is so afraid of her father she ran away and adopted a false identity. She still had frequent nightmares and made absolutely sure her door was locked. She was almost raped and had to model for "pornographic" photos to keep her job. Then her father showed up in the season finale while everyone else was out.
- Vera after her accident.
YMMV / Bomb Girls