- Ho Yay: What really helps Mr. Peanutbutter move past BoJack's attempted infidelity with his wife? Mr. Peanutbutter getting to kiss...BoJack. For 15 seconds. He enjoys it so much that he awards BoJack the game.
- Jerkass Woobie: Two-for-one, folks:
- Mr. Peanutbutter acts like an asshole through the episode, but when the rain scene comes and he angrily asks BoJack why does he hate him so much when all he wanted was to be his friend, one can't help but feel a little bad for him.
- BoJack, as always, wins the out-of-universe public by being equally reprehensible (insulting Mr. Peanutbutter about his wife leaving him) and sympathetic (he envies Mr. Peanutbutter because he can't be happy himself).
- Magnificent Bastard: BoJack, at the end.
- Tear Jerker: When put on the spot by Mr. Peanutbutter, asking what possible reason BoJack has for being jealous of him, we finally learn the root of all of BoJack's problems: he is literally incapable of being happy.
YMMV / Bojack Horseman S 2 E 8 Let's Find Out