- And You Thought It Would Fail: When the book was first announced, response was very unenthusiastic, with most people thinking that vampire stories were overdone and played out. However, people ended up pleasantly surprised with the book, finding the writing to be solid, and the love interests to be interesting and desirable.
- Base-Breaking Character:
- Lily Spencer. Some players like her for being a supportive friend towards Amy, her cheerful attitude that prevents the story from devolving into Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy, and gradually developing into a formidable fighter in her own right. Other players dislike her for her childish reaction at being attacked and turned into a vampire and felt that she should've remained as the Muggle Best Friend to keep Amy grounded. It seems that Pixelberry is aware of her unpopularity and left her out of the cover of Book 2.
- Those who are romancing Adrian adore him. Those who aren't tend to view him as creepy, controlling and inappropriate, and his behaviour towards Amy as unethical and predatory because he is her boss.
- Catharsis Factor: Despite it costing diamonds, most readers chose the decision to either arrest or kill off Nicole for her betrayal and Smug Snake attitude.
- Die for Our Ship: Almost literally with Liv Denara, who has a bit of Ship Tease with Jax, since you can let her die in the final battle of Book 1.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Priya Lacroix is surprisingly popular among the fandom due to her character design despite her abusive behavior towards her houseboys, predatory gestures towards Amy, and antagonistic attitude towards Adrian and Kamilah.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Liv Denara for her character design and incredibly sympathetic backstory has amassed a fanbase of her own despite only appearing in one brief scene apart from the climax. Most players chose to save her over Griff in the final battle of Book 1.
- Despite her lack of screentime, Kamilah was deemed by the fandom to be one of the best written female Love Interests Choices has ever created, with many players who usually romance male Love Interests taking a liking to her romance route instead/in addition.
- Ho Yay:
- Priya has a strange fascination with Amy, wanting to keep her as a pet/muse. Became canon in Book 2 as she has a Premium sex scene with Amy... that ended with Amy being killed.
- A Premium Flashback in Book 1 Chapter 10 has Gaius calling Adrian "My beatiful, warrior Prince". He also made Adrian to kiss his hand multiple times throughout the book.
- In Book 1 Chapter 13, Jax says he'll be ready in case Adrian needs a getaway driver, then says, "Sweet ride."
- The Scrappy: Griff Sanderson, who spent all of his screentime being mean and unpleasant to Amy and Lily despite the two having just survived an incredibly traumatic event, not to mention trying to kill Kamilah. Almost no one saved him over Liv Denara in the final battle of Book 1.
- Shipping Wars: Between Adrian, Jax, Kamilah and Lily.
- Signature Scene: The scene where all four of the love interests gather together for a shot before entering the final battle.
- Strangled by the Red String: In the story, it has been only two days, and Amy already has the option to sleep with Adrian and/or Jax via Premium Options. In that same amount of time, Adrian instantly trusts Amy entirely with dangerous missions and vital secrets. Averted with Kamilah, who still has better development, and Lily, who already knew Amy before.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Jax and Kamilah's makeover in Book 2 was NOT well-received by fans. Pixelberry actually has to clarify that Kamilah's makeover was an error in their coding due to fan outrage and went back to her Book 1 appearance
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Marcel, a 400 year old Cloud Cuckoo Lander vampire with deep connection to Gaius, Adrian and Kamilah as well as showing how the smaller clans operate... and then got killed off horribly in the Feral attack one chapter later.
YMMV / Bloodbound