- First Installment Wins: The movie is universally liked and praised since it's written by Kenji Kamiyama while its TV spinoffs usually are very divisive.
- It's Short, So It Sucks!: As a film, its only 45 minutes long, including the opening and closing credits. Despite being a very well-made film, many anime fans seem to regard it as bad solely for its short length.
- Jerkass Woobie: Implied with Saya in the movie, and outright stated in the manga. She was created by humans from the DNA of a pure-blooded vampire girl to kill off the "defective" vampires that were the result of humanities failed attempt at combining human and chiroptean DNA to attain immortality. Her past and status as "The Last Original" was fabricated by the very humans she worked for as that title belonged to her "mother", who had long since died. She exists only to be used and discarded by humans to correct their mistakes, and things only get worse when David, the only human who treated her with decency, retired and was replaced by a far more cruel handler. This also extends to her sister and Evil Twin, Maya.
- Les Yay: The manga has an outright lesbian sex scene with Akiko and Maya. Can cross into No Yay and Fan Disservice territory since Maya is emotionally manipulative and even makes the former bleed during sex. Saya and Maya also get quite a bit of this as well towards the end.
- Narm Charm: The movie is basically a Cliché Storm, having a vampire hunter lead who is a half vampire, as well as a girl with a sailor fuku and a katana, who is also cold and a bit of a maverick. Despite this, the tone and length of the film manages to turn everything into an appealing homage to those tropes.
- Tear Jerker: So far, all of the Blood works (except for the Blood+ manga, and technically, the Blood + anime was an I Will Wait for You) have ended with Saya being alone. As one YouTube commenter pointed out, it seems to be the sad fate of the vampire.
- The Woobie: The Nurse in the movie and Akiko in the manga. The former got caught up in the middle of Saya's mission and was nearly Driven to Suicide and the latter was a bullied teen with neglective parents, on top of being The Unfavorite, so it comes at no surprise when Maya, the only person that "loves" her, uses her fragility to manipulate her into murdering her family.
YMMV / Blood: The Last Vampire