YMMV for the original manga
- Epileptic Trees and Wild Mass Guessing: Hoo boy...
- Evil Is Sexy: Ivy, Maeve, Sana-Kan
- Foe Yay: Between Dhomochevsky and Pcell. Maybe...
- Germans Love Blame!: More so than any other country, it seems. There is even an electronica band inspired by the series.
- Nightmare Fuel: Arguably, the entire manga, due to its bleak, oppressive atmosphere and constant technological Body Horror. If you were ever wigged out by the aesthetics of ExistenZ or the "real world" of The Matrix, this manga will keep you up at night for months.
- Padding: Given that it's a Walk the Earth story with a rather simplistic plot, this is to be expected.
- The Woobie: Killy is an Iron Woobie and a Stoic Woobie wrapped into one unstoppable being.
YMMV for the 2017 Netflix film
- Awesome Music: Killy's Main Theme is a beautiful and somber piece.
- Broken Base: The film has split the fandom in a few areas: is it better than the 2D anime or is 3D the only way to really adapt the setting? Are the changes done to the plot welcome and allow newcomers to get a better grasp of the plot or are they needless and badly thought-out? Was focusing on Zuru a good idea? You will find supporters on either side, though many are glad the film exists.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This film becomes very comical in comparison, if you remember that MC very similar to Killy already make up a love triangle with Sana-kan and Cibo in the released after a couple of months the film on The Irregular at Magic High School. Especially considering the contrast between the actions of Saori Hayami in both films.
- Uncanny Valley: The strange coldness on the faces of the protagonists and the slow motion animation in general, can make half cast quite frightening and depressing.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The fight scenes and backgrounds look gorgeous, to say the least.
- The Woobie: Fusata becomes this in the climax when he realizes Tae, his best friend and love interest, was killed and replaced by Sana-kan, pushing him into a Heroic BSoD for several minutes while the city is invaded by Exterminators. Although he eventually regains his composure and contributes to the city's defense, he is still visibly grieving.