- Beam Me Up, Scotty!: The CMC are never actually referred to as the "CMC" by the author or by any of the human characters. The only character In-Universe to call them this is Spike, and the Humane Five are very confused when he does.
- Jerkass Woobie: Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. While they brought the consequences for cyberbullying and framing an innocent person as the culprit onto themselves, it's clear that the bullying that they go through as retribution for the whole thing is undeserved.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped:
- The fic does a much better job at portraying the effects of cyber-bullying than the original canon counterpart did; even when the culprits are caught, everybody still has to live with the consequences and stigma associated with what has happened, and it's made clear that none of this stuff will go away anytime soon.
- Easily Forgiven is extremely rare in real life, especially when it comes to acts of betrayal. If you do something that seriously hurts somebody, it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not; you have to accept that the one you wronged has to take time to forgive you, no matter how remorseful you are. You also have to accept that in some cases, they may NEVER be able to forgive you.
- Bottling up your emotions and ignoring a problem will not make it go away. In fact, it's far more likely to make everything worse. You need to be honest with yourself and others about your feelings and accept that there is a problem before you can fix it.
- Being angry at people for cyber-bullying is understandable, but you'll be punished if you physically assault them, because that is not acceptable, no matter what they had done.
- What an Idiot!: After the school-wide confession is made by the CMC about being Anon-A-Miss, Gilda and her friends beat up Apple Bloom in retaliation for the trouble that they caused.
You'd Expect: Gilda and her friends would be sneaky about their attack and leave no evidence of them bullying Apple Bloom. They're already skating on thin ice, since the only reason Apple Bloom and the other CMC don't report these attacks is they feel like they have it coming. Even then, the bullies know that if they're caught, Celestia will come down on them. They also have to take extra care to avoid being seen by even a single school staff member, because the staff would report it to Celestia immediately.
Instead: Gilda's friends take pictures with their smartphones of Gilda beating up Apple Bloom, and send the pictures to other students. Celestia eventually gets a hold of these pictures, and suspends Gilda and her friends for two weeks. Celestia even lampshades how dumb their actions were.
- The Woobie:
- Sunset. Having everybody turn against you because they believe you're a cyberbullying culprit on the flimsiest of evidence? It's hard to blame her for developing serious trust issues.
- The Humane 5. They have to deal with the fact that their little sisters betrayed them by spilling their embarrassing secrets online, and that they were tricked into betraying Sunset on flimsy evidence.
YMMV / Bitter Tears: An Anon-A-Miss Fic