This film provides examples of:
- Awesome Music: "A Town Called Malice."
- Memetic Mutation: "DANCE, BILLY!!!" and also "HE FUCKING DID IT!!!"
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Tear Jerker: "Give the boy a fucking chance..."
The musical adaptation provides examples of:
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: "Expressing Yourself" features gigantic dancing dresses. No people, just dresses. It's supposed to be unrealistic, but that doesn't alleviate the weirdness very much.
- Some performances of "Merry Christmas, Maggie Thatcher" feature a giant, puppeteer-esque INFLATABLE Maggie Thatcher◊ looming over the stage/audience like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon from Hell. She is nightmarish, captivating, horrifying... and never, ever mentioned again.
- Retroactive Recognition: Tom Holland is now best known as Spider-Man.