- Audience-Alienating Premise: A hideously visceral retelling of the religious text of Christianity, one of — if not the most — widely practiced religions in the world, that opens with God disemboweling Himself and ends with His Son being dismembered doesn't exactly scream "box office smash."
- Memetic Mutation: The opening sequence of God disemboweling himself shows up a lot in "scary GIF" compilations.
- Nausea Fuel: God defecates as he disembowels himself, which gives us the only sound effects in the movie that just makes the scene that much more gross.
- Nightmare Fuel: The whole thing.
- Signature Scene: Right there at the beginning.
- Squick: It starts with God disemboweling himself and just gets worse from there.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible
YMMV / Begotten