- Crosses the Line Twice: Many of Evil's antics.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Crack's Freak Out moments had been often Played for Laughs. But in Cracking The Surface, they take a serious and disturbing turn when he violently kills and eats a goose in front of zoo goers, and in Undiscovered Country, it's revealed that, when he was a little cub, he lost his siblings to a crocodile and shortly after, his mom to a hunter, which explains why he's such a nervous wreck. Suddenly, all those earlier moments of him losing it become a lot less funny.
- Ho Yay: Mostly between Gay and Lech. That, or Vitriolic Best Buds, which would be interesting because they can't stand each other. Unless they're picking on Crack.
- Moment of Awesome: Prozac singlehandedly saving Lech, Nerd and Evil from the polar bears.
- And now, Madge and Ella saving Sara from the polars.
- Moral Event Horizon: Admit it. If Evil had his way, Vanity, or a kid before that, would have been his reason to cross it.
- That the intention was there arguably puts him well past it already.
- Nightmare Fuel: The reason Gimp never removes his mask? Being tested on to the point where his skull is showing! The Unstoppable Rage doesn't help, either.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: "Glech" for Gay and Lech. Used by the comic's creator, too!
YMMV / Bear Nuts