- Epic Riff: Both the main guitar and piano riffs in "Myth".
- Face of the Band: Victoria tends to attract much more attention than Alex. Also, most reviews tend to praise Victoria for her vocals and completely ignore Alex's brilliant guitar work.
- Hype Aversion: Pitchfork likes them, so of course you can expect some of this.
- Hype Backlash: On Best Ever Albums, Teen Dream stayed at number 1 for the year until Arcade Fire released The Suburbs in August 2010 and since then it has been on a rapid decline in positions with negative comments starting to appear on the album's page. Seems to slowly be subverted as people that ignored it last year are starting to pick it up now and realize how much of a gem it is. Even people who were adding to the backlash just simply gave it a few more listens and it grew on them.
- Sampled Up: Kendrick Lamar sampled "Silver Soul" on his song "Money Trees", which put a few Hip-Hop fans onto them.
- Signature Song: "Silver Soul", "Myth", or "Space Song".
- Tear Jerker: "Better Times" and "Real Love" from Teen Dream, "On the Sea" from Bloom, "Space Song" and "Days of Candy" from Depression Cherry, "Somewhere Tonight" from Thank Your Lucky Stars, and countless more.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: More like Listener Gender Confusion. Listen to some of the more recent Beach House songs and try to figure out if Victoria really sounds like a woman. However, earlier in recordings, the self-titled and Devotion, her voice isn't as confusing.
- Vindicated by History: Teen Dream, while moderately praised and slightly successful in sales, was not nearly as beloved as it is a year after its release.
YMMV / Beach House