- Awesome Music:
- Heartwarming Moments: One scene that takes place on a German bomber features a gunner getting shot through the chest. The pilot awkwardly drags him next to his seat so he can keep pressure on the wound while fighting to keep the badly shot-up He-111 airborne. He successfully crash-lands in France, and is visibly relieved when he sees that his gunner is still alive.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: One of the RAF squadrons has the callsign Batman. This sounds a lot funnier/weirder now to audiences who are unaware of what a batmannote was in the military.
- Fair for Its Day: The film makes a point of showing that initial German bombing of London was an accident and the retaliatory British bombing of Berlin was not.
- Special Effects Failure:
- Early in the film, German fighters are strafing an airfield, when two fighters strafe the same Hurricane on the ground, the strafing pyrotechnics on the ground go off in the wrong order. Also, one shot of a German bomber exploding in mid-air is clearly the explosion effect composited over the still-intact Real Life airplane.
- The battle with the Stukas leaves a bit to be desired, considering those were scale RC models as it was deemed too expensive to make surviving Stukas airworthy for the film.
YMMV / Battle of Britain