- Captain Ersatz: Ads show characters inspired by Ash, Blastoise, Charmander, Pichu, Ivysaur, Eevee, Mudkip, Cubone. The logo resembles a Pokeball.
- Follow the Leader: Pokémon with the Puzzle & Dragons interface.
- Most Wonderful Sound: The Level Up sound.
- Reference Overdosed: Random monster comments include Shout-outs to Monster.com, The Monster Mash, and Twilight. Giant Crog and Giant Mudball reference Budweiser ads. Quest names reference The Monster Mash, The Notorious B.I.G.'s Mo Money Mo Problems, Stargate SG-1, True Grit, Facebook, Total Recall, Song of the South, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Lassie, The Olympics Dream Team, Sherlock Holmes, Animaniacs, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Birds, Rebel Yell, The Terrible Thunder Lizards, Pick up sticks, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Trouble with Tribbles, Smokey the Bear, Woodstock, Tinker Bell, Donkey Kong, The Banana Splits, The Amazing Race, "Veni, vidi, vici", It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Mob Wars, Go Big or Go Home, Beastie Boys' "Brass Monkey", Panda Express, "The Ants Go Marching One By One", The Powerpuff Girls, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Licence to Kill, Tomb Raider, V for Vendetta, Highway 101's "Bing Bang Boom", Babe, and "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Jeff Silbar and Larry Henley.
- Take That!: "We're not crushing candies here." —Rose, Tutorial
YMMV / Battle Camp