- Accidental Innuendo: There's a few, most notably this panel◊, and Sensei's strangely erotic play-by-play of unlocking a door while sweat pours down his face..Sensei: Ahh. The blood flows outward and back again. Each element to each element binding. Dis-weighting... Lubricating... Feel... Feel... Feel... Tiny offset crystal borrowing lubrication... Now I can "see". Deeper inside. Aha. The tumblers are mis-balanced. Just so much. Each molecule... adds... and adds, apply pressure, up, then down, and down again. Now. Umphhh. Ah. Slowly... slowly...
- Ass Pull: The only method by which Robin survived being blown up by his own master.
- Bizarro Episode: The whole comic is one Big-Lipped Alligator Moment for the entire Batman canon.
- Crazy Awesome: The whole comic, but the two page spread of Batman fighting a T. rex, while riding a giant bat deserves special mention.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The scene where Batman blows up Robin comes right the fuck out of nowhere and in such a comical fashion that it's impossible to take the slightest bit seriously, even before you found out Robin survived, somehow. Arguably it blows right past even purely funny and into being weirdly amazing.
- Faux Symbolism: Finally, Naked Bruce Wayne puts on a shirt. It's a Green Lantern shirt. There is no immediately evident meaning to this.
- Foe Yay: Apparently Ubu fantasizes about Batman punching him in the abs.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: If you've read All-Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder, you might find yourself wondering if Frank Miller did write this book but let Adams take the credit, since a lot of the problems with ASBAR - most notably insulting Robin, being more willing to use lethal force (carrying a gun in this story, being overall more brutal and cruel in ''ASBAR) - are also found in this story.
- Ho Yay: Robin and Deadman have a bit of this◊, as do Batman and Ubu (See Foe Yay above).
- Narm: Where to even start?
- Signature Scene: Batman blowing up Robin. A perfect symbol of how batshit insane this comic is.
- So Bad, It's Good: It's random, weird and oddly written, but it's also crazy and hilarious (intentionally or not) to be enjoyable.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Seriously, the dialogue sounds too bizarre to make any damn sense.
YMMV / Batman Odyssey