- Crack Pairing: Some fan pics in both Pixiv and DeviantArt paired the Protagonist, with, of all people, the Archangel.
- Fan Nickname: The protagonist is usually referred to as Dextera XIII. Also, Koriel XIII.
- Game-Breaker: The fact that you can save items between runs makes a few possible.
- With an Addition Box and two Split Brands, you can duplicate an infinite number of any item in the game.
- Vampire Swords will randomly gain a weapon level and heal you. Once you find one, you won't need any other weapon, save perhaps an equally-boosted-to-max Triple E(lemental) Sword for the Bonus Dungeons.
- The Twisted Coat, which prevents all ailments but Confusion and Stomachache. With a little luck, you can find the two parasites that prevent said ailments, fuse them into a single parasite, then fuse that with the Twisted Coat; you never have to worry about standard ailments ever again.note
- Nightmare Fuel: The Neuro Tower, in both games. Being a confined, dungeon-like space with all these Meta-Beings, and not knowing what's in store when you advance to the next level... first-person or third-person perspective, it's a creepy place to say the least.
- Quite a few of the characters themselves. The Horned Girl's lack of thoughts/personality, particularly that moment when you realize she's saying what you're thinking. Longneck's creepy masochistic suicidal attitude. The Archangel's treatment of you, impaled on a spike of a Consciousness Orb, looking dead in the original but clearly awake/alive in the remake. The Protagonist being the only one who looks/acts like an actual human being in the game.
- When characters start burying themselves.
- The Boxbearer's breakdown, he and the revelation that he killed his own daughter (The Bagged One) in a fit of madness. He become so distraught he deluded himself into thinking his empty box contained his daughter's soul.
- Once you learn the truth of the Meta-beings, it'll frighten you to think they were once human. Even worse is when you read the Meta-beings' baroques, which are stories of how they became the way they were. But even then, many are very creepy, with Bubugel and Nicl & Nicr (the worst case of Love Hurts) making the rest rather tame.
- That One Boss: The only four bosses aren't required to beat the game - in fact, they only show up after the main storyline is ended. But boy are they HARD. Even worse, after you beat them in the Neuro Tower, they become normal enemies in the Coffin Guy's bonus dungeons.
- Uncanny Valley: Most creatures in the game fall under this, due to the contrast between anime-style characters (the Protagonist, Archangel and the Absolute God) and realistic ones (the Coffin man). The remake worsens it by making everything slightly more cartoonish.
YMMV / Baroque