- Fan-Preferred Couple: Kaede/Kokichi has gained a bit of a following due to the Ship Tease, Kokichi taking a far less villainous role, and Kaede being the closest to him other than Gonta and Kaito reaching out to him. With all this in mind Word of God says they're more or less going to stay platonic due to Kokichi's ambiguous nature of handling his way of going about crushes and Kaede's grief over losing Shuichi.
- Iron Woobie: Kaede does her absolute best to continue on despite the pain of losing more of her classmates, and blaming herself to being unable to prevent the killing game from going any further begins to weight more down her emotionally and mentally. Even so, she keeps trying to put on a brave face for her remaining classmates as she still takes it upon herself to look after them with the ambition of them escaping and being friends.
- Jerkass Woobie: Miu Iruma for her abrasive behavior and for killing Himiko, when viewing their motive video, she drew empathy and pity from her classmates seeing as hers only had her inventions. It certainly says something when other classmates such as Kokichi, Kiyo, Angie and Maki had actual people featured in their videos.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Kaede still had her Ship Tease from the canon game with Shuichi and Rantaro, but also gets some with Kaito, Kokichi, Kiyo, Ryoma, and that's not counting the girls(Tenko, Miu, Kirumi to name a few). Kaede being attracted to both genders of her classmates probably helps along with her chemistry she has with them.
- The Woobie: Poor Shuichi is just like Kaede in the canon game, framed for Rantaro's murder and the way his execution had a Hope Spot just hurts to see him get killed the way he did.
YMMV / Back Route