- Alternative Character Interpretation: Very common. Sometimes, she helps travelers out. Other times, she eats them. And sometimes, she only eats children.
- Foe Yay - quite possible with Koschey the Deathless.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: She is particularly popular in Poland. Of course, most Poles see her as a part of their own folklore. She is often told to have lived on the Święty Krzyż mountain ("Holy Cross" in Polish), which is often seen as an ancient site of pre-Christian cults.
- Nightmare Fuel: Baba Yaga herself, when depicted as a villainess; a wicked old witch who dwells deep in the woods and preys upon children, for no apparent reason besides the fact that she can.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Flying on a mortar and pestle? A house standing on chicken legs? Even for mythology this is kind of weird.
YMMV / Baba Yaga