- Alternative Character Interpretation:
- Does Molestia truly care about her friends and is she really a nice pony despite her over-the-top and silly pervertedness of almost everything or does she pretend to care and act kind just to score with ponies and couldn't any care less about them? Depending on the writing, either interpretation can be valid.
- Also, some posts show that Molly is afraid of her mother, and that she sometimes dislikes being alone. Is Molestia just a shameless over-the-top sexual predator, or is it her only way of wanting to be truly loved by everypony?
- Base-Breaking Character: Princess Molestia herself in the following two plus years since the blog started. She's either a hilarious parody of hypersexual, sex addict female who's turned on by almost everything or an annoying one-dimensional character who jokes of her over-the-top pervertedness and molestation fallen flat rather quickly. Considering the cult following of the blog, it mostly falls to the former though not without its controversy.
- Broken Base: Some fans detest Molestia due to how flat her character really is with no real character development nor real character flaws while others found her relationship with Gamer Luna and Twilight Sparkle profound and well developed. When it comes to Molestia's hidden depths, you think they're either touching and insightful, or cliche with no real effect on the character. In fact, the entire blog has an overall popular yet very diverse reactions on Tumblr as of 2013. Some see it as a funny comedy blog involving Celestia as a pervert who playfully fondles with other adult ponies while others see it as a disgusting endorsement of rape, sexual harassment and sexual assault with its humour and saucy depiction that trivializes types of sexual assault and the attitude that comes with it. However, there are those who found the blog to be average with subpar characterization, humour and fantastic artwork.
- Designated Hero: Many fans consider Molestia's character to be more fitting as a villain or at the very least an anti-hero considering what she does on her prime time and how she sometimes acts rather insincere and selfish. Yet many of her friends treat her like a hero and it's not hard to see why at times.
- Draco in Leather Pants: A lot of fans will quickly dismiss Molly's actions as being harmless and just tame despite Molly on certain crossovers have kidnapped and implied to have sexually assaulted a Fluffy Pony, chubby pony, or others, and on certain occasions depending on the writing to have genuinely treated and/or abused her guards, most of her friends including her own sister, and others like her own personal sex objects and nothing more without remorse or empathy most of the time.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Gamer Luna. Eventually it led to her getting a much-increased role in the blog and her own blog as well.
- Genius Bonus: Well, a bit more like Geekiness Bonus. At one point◊, we see Luna playing SCP:Containment Breach. Due to Deep-Immersion Gaming, the monster looks like Molestia's flank, but instead of a sun its cutie mark is the number 1004. On the actual SCP Foundation site, SCP-1004 is a pornographic computer program.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: One poster asked as to why Molestia (read: Celestia) didn't have a musical number, cue Magical Mystery Cure a week or so later.
- The final update is also this along with Harsher in Hindsight
- Jerkass Woobie: Molestia with the mother issues.
- Les Yay: Luna◊ and◊ Derpy◊.
- Memetic Molester: As her name suggests, this is her main defining trait.
- Moe: Luna
- Squick: Molestia primarily features crude sexual comedy involving molestation and in some cases rape.
YMMV / Ask Princess Molestia