- Fridge Brilliance: Newtons first name rhymes with Orlis.
- Fridge Logic: Newton dumps Orli to let her sleep with other men, as she was a virgin before him and he doesnt want her to stay curious about what other men might be like. Then he gets jealous when she tells him she slept with someone else.
- Magnificent Bastard: Amit. Kobi is even worse.
- Memetic Mutation: Several phrases and Jerusalem slang words in the series became somewhat more popular during and slightly after its airing. Notable examples are the catchphrase above and Itziks quote below, as well as terms like zhonglaire (playa) and papuk (dummy, as in stupid; originally from Kurdish), and Katsars and Newtons improvised Umm al-Fahm fan song.
- Squick: In exchange for the winning lottery ticket, Zuta asks Itzik (who is also hospitalised, as Kobi was hired to beat him up by Amit) to get him Mazal Okhayun naked. This turns out to be troublesome, partially due to a certain Noodle Incident mentioned above. What does Itzik do? He seduces a nurse that looks like her, has sex with her during the night when its too hard to see, then opens the curtain to let Zuta see, mouthing Mazal! Zuta is pleased.
- Tear Jerker: The show has a few, with the last four episodes have those concentrated: Motis teenage friend Hilel dying prematurely (this one happened earlier, though), with Moti having to prepare him for burial; conversation with his father about the whole rat-race he hates; Tsufs death, even though it was from an illness and was long foreseen; Itziks death, even if its a fake; Itziks funeral, even if it turns out to be a fake; Avigail gets cancer back; Amit telling his father, I did not take mum away from you, and his reaction; Shir confesses to Moti that she still loves him, despite marrying Amit to make her mother happy before her death from cancer.
- What an Idiot!: Newton tries hinting someone that he has pot to sell. That someone is an undercover cop. This on its own is not so bad, only Newton does increasingly more obvious gestures and clearer language, to the point he mimics quite grotesquely the act of smoking a joint.
YMMV / Asfour