- Accidental Innuendo: Quentin calling both Zoom and (Earth-1) Prometheus as father figures to Black Siren did not fail to catch the attention of their respective shippers and give it a whole new interpretation (each/both calling them her "daddy").
- Author's Saving Throw: After the controversial "pumpkin punch" of Felicity towards Black Siren in mid-Season 5, this episode has the former Taking the Bullet for the latter against one of the new Scrappys.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Dinah crushes Curtis' bug after Oliver throws it out, for literally no reason at all considering it's their own property, is reusable, and they probably don't have the best budget for that kind of stuff. It seems like it only happens because the show was desperate for a dramatic image for an act break.
- Catharsis Factor: The New Recruits especially Rene getting their asses handed to them after their dickish treatment towards Oliver, John, and Felicity.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: There is no silver lining in this episode. Both Team Arrow and the New Recruits grab the Idiot Ball and Jerkass Ball making it hard to root for either side. The whole mess is everyone's fault, but nobody on either party wants to acknowledge that. Basically the only things remotely pleasant was that as for Team Arrow John was the one who was quick to point out how their attack on the New Recruits base was a horrible idea. While as for the New Recruits Curtis was the one to convince Dinah not to kill Laurel.
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: Black Siren making a Dead Person Impersonation of her late Earth-1 counterpart.
- Idiot Plot: The episode's plot hinges on everyone believing that Black Siren could have snuck to Corto Maltese to steal Cayden's extorted money despite her very recent gunshot wound and the fact that they later find her in a nearby cabin, in no fit state to get anywhere under her own power.
- Some fans have accused Quentin for being the true catalyst for this whole fiasco as if he just put Black Siren in proper custody to begin with a lot of this wouldn't have happened. Granted yes Dinah was bent on revenge but there were still other precautions that could've been done.
- Jerkass Woobie: Quentin pegs Black Siren as one; after she lost her father, she sought replacements in the likes of Zoom, Adrian Chase, and Cayden James, which led her down a dark path. Her pleading with Dinah while she's wounded and helpless is also quite pitiable, despite her many previous cruel acts and the Dead Person Impersonation that she ends the episode with.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- For a lot of fans, Rene attacking Oliver with an axe has killed what little sympathy they might have had left for him. Quite a few people see his subsequent injuries as Laser-Guided Karma rather than any kind of tragedy.
- Dinah brutally knocking down Quentin with her staff, even as he's begging her not to kill Black Siren. Keep in mind he was the same man who convinced her she was worthy of Lauel's mantle and shot her dead daughter's doppelganger twice to save her ass.
- Curtis hacking the chip in Diggle's arm is a huge one. Even Felicity was enraged.
- Narm: Quentin calling Zoom and (Earth-1) Prometheus as father figures to Black Siren since all three of them are close in age (well, Zolomon is at least six years older).
- The Scrappy: If the new recruits weren't before, they are now after this episode.
- She Really Can Act: A lot of people loved Katie Cassidy's acting in the entire episode, especially during Black Siren's Dead Person Impersonation of Earth-1 Laurel at the end of the episode.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic:
- Team Arrow, for just walking into the New Recruit's base, directly threatening and accusing them of something without any concrete proof. Especially considering there already being bad blood between them, they should have known that this would only further escalate things. The funny thing is that earlier in the episode both Curtis and Rene were concerned about if Dinah is going to go off on the deep end but when Team Arrow pulls this stunt then Curtis & Rene get angry and want to take on Team Arrow just to spite Oliver.
- The New Recruits. Both parties are all at fault, but Dinah and Curtis want to blame Team Arrow and just Team Arrow for Rene ending up in the hospital, ignoring their own role in how things escalated and spun out of control. Especially Curtis, since he could've very easily put John in the hospital when he hacked his arm. Also, Rene tried to kill Oliver with an AXE, so it's hard to feel bad that Oliver injured him.
YMMV / Arrow S 6 E 14 Collision Course