- Awesome Music: The opening "Scarlet Ballet" by May'n.
- The theme music (named "Hysteria Mode") when Kinji activates his HSS in Episode 1.
- The battle music, track 20
- Jerkass Woobie: Aria. She may have treated Kinji too harshly, but her mother's been stuck in prison for Butei killings she didn't commit. It's no wonder the poor girl gets hot under the collar.
- Moment of Awesome:
- When Reki pulls her Big Damn Heroes moment in Episode 3 by saving the students on the bus by shooting a bullet through the guard rails on the bridge, while the bus was moving, into the small bomb strapped to the bottom of the bus while in a blackhawk flying feet above the water.
- In Episode 1, Hysteria!Kinji shoots 6 bullets into 6 different uzi barrels, detonating them.
- Narm: The gurgling, growling, laughing noises that Vampire!Werewolf!Vlad makes in the final episode of the anime make him difficult to take seriously.
- Never Live It Down: The fact that the lead Aria is a Shana Clone voiced by Rie Kugimiya is pretty much the most known thing about the series.
- Spiritual Adaptation: A series about an ordinary guy with a hyper-competent counter-terrorist Split Personality, gained thanks to his family line, who gets involved (in more of then one way) with a twintailed, pink-haired Japanese prodigy agent around his own age, who keeps a persistent Betty and Veronica situation with another female friend of the main character? With all those premises, Aria could be perfectly considered SpyBoy's light novel adaptation.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: Carl Orff's legendary "O Fortuna" movement from his cantata "Carmina Burana" in episode 6, after Kinji opens a drawer brought in by Shirayuki when she moved in with Kinji and Aria.Kinji: Shirayuki brought these drawers here. There won't be any hazardous objects lying—
[Kinji opens a drawer and gasps in shock as he discovers Shirayuki's massive collection of black and white underwear before immediately closing it]
Kinji: There are... and they're hazardous to me.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: By Volume 4 we get introduced to a girl named Kana who is actually Kinji's long dead brother, who cross dresses so he can activate Hysteria Mode at will.
- The Woobie: Riko Mine, no doubt. From losing her parents to spending years as Vlad's undernourished prisoner, to being used as one of his pawns, to having her rosary (the only keepsake she has left of her mother) stolen by Vlad (who knew perfectly well how much it meant to her), to ending up being tortured by him after she tries to get it back. You can't help but feel sorry for her, despite her actions under Vlad's wing.