- Broken Base: Anya becoming the new Spider-Girl in 2010. This happened not long after Mayday's comic was cancelled for real.
- My Real Daddy:
- The Hunter Revealed addressed most of the criticisms associated with every comic Arana had been in prior, so fans wished Tania Del Rio had been given a run with the character, given a blank book to do whatever she wanted with, approached by Marvel in the first place when they wanted to create a new character, ect rather than simply being called in to tie up the loose ends and leave Arana in a more attractive position for future writers.
- Even though her use of her was short -just five issues-, Kelly Sue DeConnick's story in Avengers Assemble with Anya as the protagonist was well received by critics and fans alike, leading to a demand for a ongoing with DeConnick as the writer. It helped that this was many readers' introduction to Anya after being in Comic-Book Limbo for nearly 4 years.
- Tainted by the Preview: Fans turned on her particular Amazing Fantasy comic revival before it was even released on the mistaken belief Marvel was going to be creating a 616 version of Spider-girl. Also Hilarious in Hindsight, as Marvel has since bent over backwards to make Arana into 616 Spider-girl, gradually stripping away all of her distinct powers and equipment in favor of those more like Spider-Man's.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: While the main complaint about her series was that she did nothing but fight the Sisterhood Of The Wasp, they've since disappeared completely, even though they're an Ancient Conspiracy of criminals. Also, since the Web corps weren't much better, she's no longer their employee and their current hunter hates her, conflict with them reads like something that could be mined for more plots too, but it was never revisited. Her original power set was never fully explored either.
- Les Yay
- With Rikki Barnes aka Nomad.
- Some fans see this with her roommate, Rocky Flint.
YMMV / Anya Corazón