- Acceptable Targets:
- 4Kids Entertainment.
- Studio Pierrot.
- He'll occasionally take a swipe at Harmony Gold.
- Bryce Papenbrook. He tends to show up in shows that he hates, and would often take swipes at him even in shows that he likes.
- Vic Mignogna too. Maybe not to Papenbrook's extent, but he definitely takes a shot at him occasionally.
- Media Blasters, which he dedicated a whole segment on his show to after they underwent Network Decay.
- Robbie Daymond, who he likes to call "the Breadwinners Guy.''
- Scott Freeman because of his shady actions that led to the end of his career.
- Rumiko Takahashi. He has openly expressed his dislike for InuYasha on multiple occasions, but he also has problems with Takahashi as a person because of a few interviews she did that made her come off as misandristic and xenophobic.
- Ending Aversion: How he felt about Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, a series he otherwise adored.
- Friendly Fandoms: With The Cartoon Hero.
- He Panned It, Now He Sucks!: He openly despises Sword Art Online, and would deal with the fanbase's wrath.
- He also made a few enemies with the Blue Exorcist fanbase.
- Subverted with Attack on Titan. Despite the series having a respectable fanbase, he didn't get much flak for panning it. Probably because unlike with Blue Exorcist, he was much more fair with his criticisms.
- Hunter × Hunter is another one, complaining about the series's pacing. Not helping matters is that he outright admitted to not paying attention in some scenes. He dug himself deeper when he said that Naruto, a series he's openly critical towards, executed the story elements it got accused of ripping off much better.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In his video response to the announcement of a Hollywood Bleach movie, one of his fears was Paul W.S. Anderson directing it and leaving out Chad and Orihime. Eight years later, the Hollywood version has been in Development Hell while Japan decided to make its own Bleach movie. While Don was off the mark about the director, there are concerns from fans that because Chad and Orihime have no announced actors and are absent from promotional material, they have been cut from the movie.
- In Name Only: The reason he hated Transformers Energon's depiction of Ironhide as a whiner that sounds like Captain N if he got kicked in the nuts.
- Memetic Mutation: During the 366 Days of Bleach, he started one involving Byakuya's desk.
- Never Live It Down:
- As mentioned in He Panned It, Now He Sucks!, his disagreeable attitude towards Blue Exorcist fans.
- Because of his reputation as a devout One Piece fan, he had to stress that the show's removal from Toonami wasn't the only reason he stopped watching the block, with the other reason due to a lack of interest in the other shows airing at the time.
- The running gag of bringing up Breadwinners whenever Robbie Daymond appears in something he watches.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: He felt that Kirie redeemed herself in episode 2 of Girls Bravo after giving Fukuyama an epic beating.
- Seasonal Rot: How he views Naruto and Bleach. Despite how much he loves One Piece, he also said that the Dresserosa Arc was the closest the series got to Jumping the Shark.
YMMV / Anime Abomination