- Accidental Innuendo: "Darren checks the goalie! He likes what he sees."
- Awesome Music: The entire soundtrack, largely courtesy of 10cc's Graham Gouldman.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Dean Wilson the otter, for suure.
- Tatyana is probably one of the most well known competitors in the show.
- Fair for Its Day: The film has a metric ton of ethnic stereotypes, good and bad, so it avoids being offensive.
- Foe Yay: Canonical, as rival runners Kit and René have a pretty obvious thing for one another despite also wanting each other to lose pathetically. they end up tying for gold.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Older Than They Think: Some people assume Henry Hummell is an expy of Ben Stein rather than Henry Kissinger.
- Nightmare Fuel: The scene spoofing The Seventh Seal features a scene in a different art style of a horse lying with a shocked expression. Let's just say, if you watched The Godfather, this scene might trigger some memories...
- Popular with Furries: One of the most well-known gateway drugs into the fandom.
- Tear Jerker: "Love's Not for Me"...So when the race is won
And there's nothing left to do
But where are you?
- René's expression at that moment is heartbreaking.
YMMV / Animalympics