- Adaptation Displacement: Not a lot of people are aware that this was based off of a graphic novel.
- Audience-Alienating Premise: Just the idea of an animal crackers movie didn't really flick for some people.
- Ear Worm: Horatio's Villain Song, "Should've Been Mine".
- Moe: Binkley, for being an Adorkable genius with a wispy voice, and Mackenzie, just for being a Cheerful Child.
- Values Dissonance: Arguably, one of the biggest reason the film hasn't had a proper release yet is that a film depicting circus animals positively does not bode in an age where the general public now considers making animals perform to be a form of abuse. The director was actually aware of this, assuaging concerned audience members by letting them know that leaflets explaining the real-world working condition of circuses would be distributed in theaters showing the movie.
YMMV / Animal Crackers (2017)