- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The comedic skits involving Mayuka and Ageha serve no purpose to the main story whatsoever. Subverted later in Episode 10, where the two finally take action against the protagonists.
- Cliché Storm: Most of the anime falls underneath this.
- Ho Yay: Pretty much every character in the series. Every episode starts with a major character's flashback with Amane and it appears that they all have a thing for her. Almaria and Elel have a thing for Saya also.
- Almaria and Sofina have this going on as well.
- The Scrappy: Saya herself, due to her Wangst moments of wanting to be special and her Jerkass behavior towards Amane as shown in Episode 2.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: For those expecting Amane to be a major character, she's only mostly shown in flashbacks.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Thanks to the Cliché Storm and the fact that Amane was underused throughout the series other than flashback sequences.
- Wangst: Pretty much every scene involving Saya when it comes to her constant rants about wanting to be special in the earlier episodes. It's almost comparable to that of Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith. However, it could be argued that every character is like this following some of the characters' FaceHeel Turn moments. The series might as well be called "Wangst: The Anime".
YMMV / Ange Vierge