- Acceptable Targets:
- Crosses the Line Twice: Everything.
- Face of the Band: Seth Putnam, its only consistent member. After his death, the band broke up.
- Fair for Its Day: Over the years, it's become less common and acceptable to use the word 'gay' as an insult. With the amount of songs calling things gay, A.C. arguably might have gotten more offensive over time. At the same time, however, calling things "gay" or "queer" is still very common in New England (even among LGBTQ individuals, which has been noted by many a resident and visitor alike), so it may be a case of "still acceptable on their home turf, unacceptable elsewhere".
- Growing the Beard: Over time, the band cast off its loose, improvised nature in favor of straightforward composition—this is considered a net gain by most.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Based on his own experience, Putnam believed that "You're in a Coma" was spot-on.
- There was also his dispute with Chris Barnes that resulted in Barnes setting his roadies on Putnam while he ran off, which prompted the creation of "Chris Barnes Is a Pussy". Guess what band's Facebook page got spammed with links to that song when Barnes sucker-punched Travis Ryan roughly fourteen years later?
- Misaimed Fandom: A portion of their fanbase is completely unaware that it was all a joke or simply couldn't care less.
- Narm Charm: Part of their appeal to metalheads.
- Older Than They Think: Many believe that Anal Cunt took their name from a GG Allin song... which was recorded five years after they formed. In fact, Allin may have named the song after them - at any rate, he was familiar with the band at some point, as he once proposed they become his backing band.
- Snark Bait: Frequently, the band has been lashed out by many critics for deliberately putting out offensive and terrible music when they really don't know that it's all done as a joke.
- So Bad, It's Good: The entirety of Howard Is Bald revolves around the band members incoherently wailing drunken lyrics about Howard Wulkan's baldness - which ends up being exactly what makes it so entertaining.
- Much of their earlier output - Everyone Should Be Killed, Morbid Florist, etc. - was intentionally So Bad, It's Good. It was more or less a mockery of Grindcore, stripping it down to just wordless screams and noise.
- Picnic of Love is this, very deliberately.
- Let's just go ahead and say their entire discography. This was, after all, the entire goal.
YMMV / Anal Cunt