- Jerkass Woobie: While she brought it all upon herself, poor Mokoto really suffers from her Humiliation Conga. After all, she loses EVERYTHING — her 'friends' abandon her; she's drummed out of Kendo Club; stripped of her status as heir, and informed that she'll be moving back to Kyoto where she'll have to attend a co-ed school. Oh, and her older sister learned how she feels about her marriage and calls her out on that, too.
- You can also add Motoko being curbstomped by a supposed "vile male" (Keitaro) in a duel, which had resulted in her so-called friends abandoning her. Not to mention, one of them (Naru) now despises Motoko due to having to apologize for her own previously unjustified behavior towards Keitaro as a result of losing the bet made on said duel.
- Moment of Awesome: Keitaro basically telling the girls to shove it and refusing to become manager.
- Moral Event Horizon: Granny Hina crosses it when she tries to get Motoko's uncle to not let Keitaro live with him out of petty spite.
- Naru crosses it when she heartlessly advocates evicting Motoko simply because she lost a fight to Keitaro.
- Ron the Death Eater:
- Granny Hina does NOT come off well in this story at all. All she does is try to manipulate others, then complain when they don't do as they're told and try to recast them as the ones in the wrong.
- Aside from Shinobu, all of the Hinata Girls suffer from this to varying degrees. Naru and Mokoto get it the worst, especially after Mokoto gets arrested and Naru shows absolutely No Sympathy because of how she was mildly embarrassed by Mokoto losing the duel with Keitaro.
YMMV / An Alternate Keitaro Urashima