- Hilarious in Hindsight: The film was able to predict the rise of China as a capitalist superpower, if not the method thereof. It also predicted the USSR collapsing, Nike becoming a huge conglomerate and reality TV being out of control.
- Unintentional Period Piece: So very 1970s. The film basically takes place in a world where The '70s never ended, both in terms of the culture and in terms of the energy crisis. (Well okay, maybe they were right about the energy crisis part.)
- Values Resonance: Yes, the film wasn't very enjoyable, but many of its themes are still very relevant:
- Energy shortages.
- America becoming depleted of oil and falling into bankruptcy to foreign lenders.
- Foreign Competition with newer powers.
YMMV / Americathon