- Evil Is Sexy: The XRN.
- Ho Yay: Before the series even started people were already shipping John and Dorian. They love to look deep into each others' eyes, even when John is driving a car, and Dorian claims that he really hoped someone would wake him up, and that that person was John. John and Dorian just kept getting closer and closer as the show progressed.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The Skin-Lab. Good God...
- Having your home security system hacked so you can't escape your high-tech swimming pool, while seeing your husband get shot to death by it.
- Out of Order: The series was aired out of order, creating situations where John's evolving relationship with Dorian seems very uneven.
- Paranoia Fuel: A central theme of the show is that the flaws in new technologies are being exploited to commit crimes. Imagine getting a heart transplant, only to find out later that someone has implanted a timer in it that will stop running if you don't pay a ransom. Imagine an assassin's bullet that can follow you by accessing public security cameras that are everywhere. Or a home security system that's so good that if it's hacked, you can't override it without extreme difficulty.
- Portmanteau Couple Name:
- Detective Stahl/Kennex is Stannex, Stahlex, or even Stahnex
- John Kennex/Dorian is Jorian
- Richard Paul/and his MX, popularized as 'Two Sugars' on tumblr after episode "Simon Says". In a December 2013 interview with the actor, Irby, he states that he calls his MX "Coffee, two sugars".
- Too Good to Last: It was a sci-fi show on Fox. This was almost a given.
- Uncanny Valley: Gina Carano's head on a man's body for a short span in "Unbound".
- Visual Effects of Awesome: For a TV show, the CGI is pretty damn good.
- What an Idiot!: In Episode 5, Det. Paul had one job. Keep an eye on the witness. He left her unsupervised and as a result nearly got her killed.
YMMV / Almost Human