- Award Snub: Despite the acclaim it received (including a special citation as Roger Ebert's favorite film of 2000), the movie failed to receive a Best Picture nomination. Particularly notable as it still managed to win an Oscar for its Screenplay over Erin Brockovich and Gladiator, which were both actual Best Picture nominees that year (and in the case of the latter, the eventual winner).
- Awesome Music: All of it.
- Face of the Band: Lampshaded, much to the chagrin of the band.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Philip Seymour Hoffman playing Lester Bangs. Both men died of drug overdoses.
- Heartwarming Moments: On a meta level; Cameron Crowe's mother and sister, as in the movie, had not gotten along in Real Life, but after the movie came out, they reconciled.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Alvin and the Chipmunks' "Christmas Don't Be Late" can be heard over the opening credits. Jason Lee, who plays Jeff, later went on to star in the live-action series of films.
- Rainn Wilson would voice Lex Luthor in several DC animated films and Ray Porter would play Darkseid in Zack Snyder's Justice League.
- Memetic Mutation: "I AM A GOLDEN GOD!"
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Marc Maron as the guy who fights with Roswell and shouts for security to "lock the gate!"
- Eric Stonestreet plays the hotel desk clerk.
- Rainn Wilson plays Rolling Stone writer David Felton.
- Pauley Perrette plays Alice Wisdom, the DJ talking with Lester Bangs in his first scene.
- Jimmy Fallon plays band manager Dennis Hope.
- Ray Porter plays Mick, a roadie.
- Values Dissonance: While Penny is barely conscious from a drug overdose, William quips about how many men shes been with before kissing her in whats portrayed as a heartwarming moment in a Coming-of-Age Story. This would not go down well today.
YMMV / Almost Famous